Born on September 5, 1896 in Matzen/Lower Austria
Died on June 11, 1983 in Poysdorf
From 1906-1983 she lived in Poysdorf, Brünnerstraße 1. Her second
residence was in Vienna, Siegmundsgasse 3
Her father, Leonhard Schmidt, was a notary and her grandfather was a painter,
copperplate engraver and sculptor. They came from Mikulov in today´s Czech
Studied at the Academy for Women at Rottmayr and Fahringer in
In 1923 she married Alphons v. Ohmeyer, a former general in the army of the
Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph I. They had only one son.
In 1944 son Herbert died in the Second World War in France. She never completely
came over this loss.
In 1952 her husband lost his life in a traffic-accident.
As a member of the "Marchfeld Artists Association of Pictoral Artists of Lower
Austria she exposed at their exhibitions and appeared at many exhibitions of the
Country Association of Lower Austria´s Art Society at home and abroad.
Participation in contests of the Künstlerhaus, Vienna - 1st
prize at a competition of children-portraits.
Appeared in several catalogues:
- 1969 - 50th anniversary of the Marchfeld Artists Association
- 1973 - Art Symposium 73
- 1974 - Water-colour Painting in Lower Austria
- 1975 - Painting in Lower Austria
- 1977 - Pastel Drawings from Lower Austria
- 1978 - Art Market Hollabrunn
- 1978 - The Human Figure
- 1979 - Maria Ohmeyer - Paintings and Graphics
- 1981 - Artists in the Wine District
- 1988 - Painting in Lower Austria, 1918 - 1988
- 1979 - Town Museum Poysdorf
- 1982 - Secession of Vienna - Artists
of the Wine District
- 1994 - "Night-Watch Gallery" and Castle of Poysbrunn
- 1996 - On the occasion of the centennial of her birthday "Day of the Open
Housedoor" at her residence in Poysdorf accompanied by an exhibition in the
former house of the "Night-Watch" in Poysdorf.
- 1997 - 2013 Extra exhibitions in the "Night Watch
Gallery" in Poysdorf.
- 2015 - Opening of the "Open-Air Picture Gallery" at Poysdorf,