Born on September 5, 1896 in Matzen/Lower Austria
Died on June 11,
1983 in Poysdorf/Lower Austria.
Lived in Poysdorf, Brünnerstraße 1
and in Vienna, Sigmundsgasse 3.
She studied at the arts-school for girls and women at Prof. Rottmayr and
Prof. Fahringer in Vienna. In her early
works, influenced by the former, she followed a tone-in-tone painting style.
From Prof. Fahringer she subsequently took over a rich palette, where she
favoured a formal relieved style direction especially in her flower paintings,
both in pastels and even in oil paintings. Outstanding, and for her period of
works after the Second World War even in synopsis with other female artists
significant, are the many portraits and self-portraits, which even illustrate
her great gift of drawing. As she very seldom sold a picture, most of her
paintings can be shown in annual changing exhibitions - completed by
documentations of her life - at the "Night Watch House" Gallery in Poysdorf.